Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Holiday Notes...

Our annual holiday notes began arriving yesterday! I cannot say enough of how much these notes mean to me and to Gary. We so enjoy hearing what families are involved in, where they have traveled this past year and when photos are added, it really brings the whole family to us. We both read the note and studied the photos and chatted about past years with these friends.

These are friends from Iowa. Now, we moved away from Iowa in 1976, but fortunately, we have been blessed with a continued friendship with several friends from there to this day. We write and call and see one another either in AZ or IA, depending on who is traveling. This couple will be here already before Christmas, so they come early and generally stay until March. It will be fun sharing time with them again.

Now, to wait for following notes from others...it is such a fun time of the year, sharing happiness with one another!!

I so love keeping in touch with people. I enjoy hearing from them and hope they enjoy our notes as well when we contact them. Friends have been an important part of my life and of Gary's too, and have been there to laugh with us, cry with us and just be there for us through many occasions. Doug sure showed me how to enjoy friends, as he was surrounded by many!!!

My dearest friend, Jeanette, was just here recently. Now, for over 50 years, we have been best friends. We stood up for one another at our weddings, she had baby boys, I had baby girls, and we so enjoyed sharing lifes various routines, special occasions, etc. with one another. She is one of the happiest people I have ever met, and creates happiness around her wherever she is at that time. I prefer to surround myself with positive people and she definitely is one of them.
She really is a true friend and I am thankful for her!!

It is another busy day ahead for me. I am glad I have energy to go and handle what is ahead and hope it is a good day for everyone!!!

B

No comments: